Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

GOOD MORNING MALAYSIA - BREAKFAST MENU, NASI LEMAK KOPI "O"

I have to admit that I have quite a weird habit when come to Nasi Lemak. I won't cook Nasi Lemak if I don't have banana leaf. My children realised that, and every time they saw the banana leaf they knew the menu will be Nasi Lemak. That's me!! and I am strict on that. I felt that Nasi Lemak without banana leaf is INCOMPLETE.Today I'm on leave to baby sit my daughter Myraz, so I have the time to prepare this dish. Got my sambal  and banana leaf ready before I went to sleep last night and this morning after Solat Subuh I  cooked the rice. By 7 am completed everything. Got my daughter to snap the photo and here goes our breakfast today NASI LEMAK KOPI "O". I named it NASI LEMAK KOPI "O" since this menu is perfect with black coffee. (Kopi "O" is black Coffee in Malaysia)



To those who are not familiar with this dish  Nasi Lemak is one of Malaysian's most favorite breakfast. Of Malays origin, Nasi Lemak is also popular in Brunei, Singapore and Southern Thailand. In Malays language, 'Nasi Lemak' literally means 'rice in cream' and this refers to the rice preparation method which is cooked with coconut milk. It is typically offered with anchovies sambal (chili paste that is spicy in nature), roasted peanuts, hard boiled egg and slices of cucumber. Traditionally, Nasi Lemak is wrapped with banana leaf which  enhances the fragrance of the dish.

You can find Nasi Lemak every where in Malaysia, from food stalls to 5 Star Hotels. Today Nasi Lemak not only serve during breakfast, it is also a hot cake for dinner menu. Commercially Nasi Lemak is sold together with other Malay dishes such as rendang, curry and vegetables. The highlight of Nasi lemak lies in it's sambal. There are a few variations of such as anchovies, shrimps,cuttlefish and salted fish. I did my Nasi Lemak today with soaked cuttlefish. For recipe please refer to mu earlier entry. ENJOY your breakfast.


_________________________________________________________________

Nasi Lemak Kopi "O" itulah sarapan pagi hari ini, kebetulan cuti, kena jaga anak sakit adalah masa sikit siapkan sarapan pagi. Sudah menjadi kebiasaan saya kalau hendak memasak Nasi Lemak saya pasti akan gunakan daun pisang, akan cari sampai dapat baru saya buat. Tanpa daun pisang rasanya Nasi Lemak ni tak bermakna. Saya suka dengan aroma daun pisang ni, menambahkan selera kesedapan nasi lemak ni. 

Selalu kalau masak nasi lemak ni saya akan buatkan sambalkan awal, selalunya sebelum masuk tidur sambal dan perkakas lain semuanya dah siap. Pagi lepas solat subuh, naikkan nasi. Ngam-Ngam sebelum anak-anak berangkat ke sekolah Nasi Lemak udah siap. Untuk kali ini saya buat sambal sotong rendam. Ini memang favorite anak-anak.

_________________________________________________________________

Next  Post Fresh Melon and Lychee Juice


_________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

Sheery Dream Cakes said...

assalamualaikum... morning akak.. tgk nasi lemak tu memang terliur tgk... terus lapar nie... :)

You Might Also Like These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...