This is my third blueberry recipes after crepes and pancake. Try this Quick Blueberry-Walnut Muffins recipe, its great and easy to prepare.
Simple Sweet Blueberry Walnut Muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached spelt flour (or white, or more whole wheat)
2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
3/4 cup vegan sugar
3 Tbsp blueberry-flax seed meal,
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup soy milk, vanilla flavor (plain is fine too)
3/4 cup vanilla soy yogurt
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp orange zest
8 ounces fresh blueberries, organic pref'd
2 Tbsp syrup
1 cup walnuts, pounded into meal
1/2 walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper cups or lightly spray with canola oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar and flax seed meal.
3. Add in soy milk, yogurt, apple cider vinegar, orange zest and optional ginger/cayenne. Mix well by hand.
4. Pound out your walnuts (into a dusty meal consistency), and fold the meal into the batter. Then fold in the roughly chopped walnuts. Note: I used raw walnuts, you can use raw or roasted.
5. Wash and pat dry your blueberries. Then toss them in your 2 Tbsp of syrup. Fold the tossed blueberries into the batter.
6. Fill muffin cups, dot each muffin with 2-3 blueberries and a few drops of your crumb topping.
7. Place in oven to bake for 18-23 minutes at 400 degrees. Check center with a toothpick. Tops will brown when ready.
Next Post - Blueberry Tarts