Pages

Friday, February 03, 2012

BANGKOK KAYA CAKE


This is amazing !!! look at this equation :-

Coffee Jelly + Custard Pudding + Sponge Cake = Bangkok Kaya Cake

Why Bangkok ?? - I don't know
Where is the Kaya ?? - I'm still searching.

In fact no one can provide me with the answer. However this was a popular dessert in the 70"s and is scrumptious. A 3-1 things, jelly, pudding and cake. This cake is a reminiscent of the Nyonya Pandan Kaya Cake. Try this you sure love this cake.

Resipi ini cukup unik...nama glamournya Bangkok Kaya Cake....di mana datangnya Bangkok, jangan tanya saya...dimana kayanya...sehingga hari ini saya masih tercari-cari..tetapi kek ini memang popular sekitar tahun 70's. Sekali pandang macam Kek Custard Lapis Pandan tetapi kenapa dipanggil Bankok Kaya Cake masih menjadi tanda tanya. Kek ini merangkumi 3 jenis dalam 1, 3-1 kek.

Agar-agar Kopi + Pudding Custard + Kek Span = Bangkok Kaya Cake.

Itulah dia istimewanya kek ini. Sekali 3 jenis dalam 1 resipi untuk menunaikan keinginan selera. Mudah membuatnya dan boleh jugalah kalau malas nak ising kek, jadikanya sebagai kek hari  jadi.


Next Post - Garlic Knot


9 comments:

Lee said...

Hello Paty, ha ha ha, I love women like you with your lively sense of humour.
"Where is the kaya? I don't know"!
Hey, may I have your consent I copy the 1st gambar?
I will display it in my pondok bila I naik angin blog about beautiful women who make beautiful cakes, will credit you of course.
Boleh, kan?

Okay, outang you teh tarek lambong tinggi.
I love this cake, looks very different to others, and I suka the smooth texture and colours.
I agak2 lima with iced coffee boleh juga, ha ha.

Paty....you are good! Where were you when I was handing out my resume? Ha ha ha.
Have a nice day, stay beautiful and simpan satu lagu dalam hati.
Lee.

Lee said...

Paty, ini saya Lee....
I nak check out noticed your other delicious lupa nama mak bila makan, Nyonya curry, ketam curry, Eggplant curry.....
I copy gambars tu, boleh?

It's a pity a lot of women can cook, but their photography not good.
But yours very good, your pics are big, very clear and well taken too.
Thats why I like to copy. The best!

Terima keseh seribu for the kind consent.
Outang lagi teh tarek lambong tinggi, ya.
Lee.

Liza said...

salam kak paty...mmg nmpk menarik kek tu kan, sekali 3 jenis dlm 1 resepi....nmpk mewah...

HomeKreation said...

Salam KakPaty. I learn this when I was Form4 (errr.. 30 thn dulu...) still keeping the recipe but have not make for long2 time....

Lee said...

Hello Paty, I have copied 6 of your lupa nama mak bila makan curry pics....so to thank you, here's Elvis Presley's favourite pound cake. His mother Glady's used to bake for him before he goes on stage to gonchang gelek with his guitar.

If you try this, send me telegram, I bring chopsticks....
You'll get all shook up bila masuk mulut, ha ha.
Have a nice day.
Lee.

ELVIS PRESLEY'S POUND CAKE

3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 pound butter, softened
7 eggs, at room temperature
3 cups cake flour, sifted twice, divided
1 cup whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan.

Thoroughly cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Mix in half the flour, then the whipping cream , then the other half of the flour.

Add vanilla extract. Pour batter into prepared pan. Set in a COLD oven and turn heat to 350 degrees F.
Bake 60 to 70 minutes, until a sharp knife inserted in cake comes out clean.
Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool thoroughly.
Then invite Uncle Lee come for coffee.
No need you wear sarong kebaya. Jeans pun boleh.
Lee.

Chik Mimi said...

kak paty looks yummy again drooling lor

Mas said...

rajinnya akak sorang ni ngekek....
nampak sedapp sangat...

izahdaut said...

wowww..sangat mengiurkan kek ni. saya tak terjangkau nak membuatnya. takut tak jadi. banyak chances kesilapan teknik ni kalau saya buat. 1 day nak try jugak. insyaAllah

eija said...

Assalamualaikum. Terima Kasih kak Fatimah.kongsi resepi. Kek mmg sedap dh try buat..

You Might Also Like These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...