The best way to handle a SUDDEN CRAVE for something sweets and chocolaty I believe is muffins...it's fast, simple and easy and best part of preparing muffins that I really love was..that's no FUSS!! combine everything in and the end results was awesome - a big chocolate muffin, moist, tender, topped with crumbly delicious streusel. Mmmm!
These muffins came out great. I tweaked the recipe just a bit and made my made my additions. Love this, I can't remember where I got the recipe but it was from somebody's blog..anyway thanks to the owner of the blog for sharing this wonderful muffins. It's a hit at home...and I'm gonna bake another batch soon...ha..ha.base on popular demand from my kids to take back to campus. So, make some today for breakfast tomorrow. You won't be sorry!
Chocolate Streusel Muffins
Muffin adapted from King Arthur Flour
Streusel adapted from Rick Bayless
4.5 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped or chips
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp egg yolk (beat the yolk, then measure)
3 1/2 tbsp butter, softened and cut into 1" pieces
1 3/4 cups flour
2/3 cups Dutch-process cocoa powder, measured and then sifted
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 tsp instant coffee
2 eggs, beated
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp white vinegar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
1. For the Streusel: place the chocolate in the small bowl of a food processor. Pulse until ground to coarse crumbs. Add the flour and cinnamon and pulse to combine. Add the yolk and butter. Process until the mixture comes together and begins to form clumps.
2. Pour the mixture into a small bowl. Mix briefly with your fingers to form large clumps. Cover and chill until ready to use.
3. For the Muffins: line cupcake pans with 18 muffin papers. Preheat the oven to 400°.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt (make sure to break up any sugar lumps). Set aside.
5. In a large measuring cup, stir the milk and coffee crystals together. Add the eggs, vanilla, and vinegar. Whisk until thoroughly blended.
6. Whisk the melted butter into the milk mixture.
7. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry along with the chocolate chips. Stir until the dry ingredients are just incorporated - do not overmix.
8. Fill the muffin papers halfway up with batter. Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the tops (about 1 rounded tbsp per muffin).
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (you may need to test more than once as sticking a chocolate chips with skew the results).
10. Let the muffins cool for about two minutes. Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool. Serve!
Dua hari tidak buka blog....demam tak kebah-kebah...hari ini baru boleh bangun sedikit tenguk-tenguk resipi muffins ini belum diupdate lagi...alamak,,,kena update dulu baru boleh cite pasal breakfast pagi ini. Resipi ini saya ambil dari blog tetapi tidak dicatit blog siapa....tapi saya memang suka resipi ini sedap..kebetulan saya memang teringin nak belajar buat Kek atau muffin streusel...jadi resipi menjawap semua keinginan saya.Biasa namanya chocolate streusel muffins tentulah rasanya chocolaty...mudah..ringkas dan mmmmmm!!!!
Next Post - Breakfast Menu