I saw this in happyflour.blogspot.com. She made pandan loaf. I adapted the same recipe but made it into small bun, much easier to eat. The recipe call for dessicated coconut but I replaced it with sesame. Love the bun, texture is soft and great while it is still hot.
300g bread flour
1 1/2tsp instant yeast
1tbsp milk powder
70ml coconut milk
1tbsp pandan juice
1/3tsp pandan paste
20g shortening/ unsalted butter
1. Combine (A) together in cake mixer.
2. Add in (B) and mix in low speed until it form a dough.
3. Switch to medium speed and add in shortening.
4. Continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
5. Add (D) and mix till well blended.
6. Cover dough and let it prove for 50-55mins.
7. Divide dough into about 16 equal portion and rest for another 10mins.
8. Shape into round and place it into the greased mini loaf tray.
9. Cover and leave to prove for 45mins until it doubled in size.
10.Preheat oven to 180C.
11.Brush surface with beaten egg and sprinkle some dessicated coconut on top.
12.Bake in a preheated oven for 15mins until buns is brown.
13.Remove buns from tray and cool it on a wire rack.
Asalnya hendak letakkan inti kelapa tetapi terlupa beli kelapa jadi buat bun kosong aje. Sudah lama hendak cuba buat bun ini, saya telah book marked dua resipi satu dari Mykitchensinppets dan satu dari happyflour, saya pilih resipi happy flour walaupun resipinya untuk loaf, resipi dari mykitchensnippet saya tidak begitu yakin kerana ianya menggunakan method scalded dough, mungkin the next round saya cuba resipi mykitchensnippet. Tektur roti cukup lembut dan wangi
Next Post - Monday Buka Puasa Menu