Red velvet cupcakes are ever popular and had capture the interest almost every cook blog. Many had tried, however green velvet was something new and some are quite skeptical but this green velvet is obviously the original recipe for red velvet cupcakes and I just switched it to green for the fun of making it.
Pair it with swirls of fluffy cream cheese frosting piled on high. It is fabulous. Moist. Chocolatey. Luscious. Velvety. Creamy. Cheesy.
This recipe and recommended bake time is for 12 jumbo green velvet cupcakes. You can certainly make standard or mini cupcakes instead, but reduce your bake time accordingly.
I love the color green, I always support GREEN Let's go GREEN ha...ha.... an environmental cupcakes. These cupcakes taste just like regular red velvet, the only difference being the food coloring change. Here's what you'll need:
INGREDIENTS for cupcakes
2 cups sugar
1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 T white vinegar
1 t vanilla
1 oz green food coloring
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and line cupcake pan with paper or foil liners.
In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs with a whisk. Add in the oil, buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and food coloring. Whisk til blended and set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients, and beat on medium speed with an electric mixer for about 1 minute, or until everything is well combined. Don't overbeat, or your cupcakes will turn out tough!
Pour the batter into prepared cupcake pans. Bake for 17-19 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, then remove from pans. Cool completely before frosting. I'm impatient, and usually just stick my cupcakes in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool them off!
Cream Cheese Frosting (makes 4 cups)• 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup salted butter, European style, softened
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 4 1/2 cups confectioners powdered sugar
• 1 TBSP heavy whipping cream, very cold
- How To Make the Frosting:
In the meantime, make cream cheese frosting. Using a stand mixer or electric handheld mixer, combine softened cream cheese and butter. Beat until well blended and smooth.
- Add vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating well in between.
- Add 1 TBSP very cold heavy whipping cream. Beat well. Consistency should be fluffy but stiff.
- Using a spatula, scrape frosting into a piping bag and chill in refrigerator until cupcakes have cooled completely before frosting. Chilling the frosting also helps it gain more structure when piping since we've softened the cream cheese and butter earlier.
- Now for the fun part: Frosting the cupcakes! Starting from the outside, pipe full swirls going into the middle. For a nice crust on the frosting, allow cupcakes and frosting to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. You're good to go! Serve or pack up these red velvet cupcakes to share. Enjoy!
Kepada pencinta ALAM anda pasti suka cupcakes ini HIJAU...... Cupcake ini adalah adaptasi dari RED VELVET saje suka-suka buat nak tenguk kelainannya. Rasanya menarik juga, mainan warna yang cukup menyegarkan. untuk toppingnya saya masih mengekalkan cream cheese frosting yang cukup sinonim dengan velvet cake. Untuk resipi kali ini saya masukkan minyak tidak butter, ini untuk menambahkan kelembapan pada kek. Rasanya sama aje dengan red velvet.
Next Post - Mocha Walnut Cupcakes