Here's my Thursday Drinks of the Day - Barley-Lemonade Ice. This drink is popular in any coffee shop in Malaysia. The one sell in the coffee shop is without lemon. My drink here I added some lemonade ...hem... to have some extra kick..... especially in this hot sunny weather.
Scientifically research shown, intake of barley is very likely to help you maintain your overall health in the long term. Barley grains are rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and amino acids, which are essentials for our health. Most importantly, barley is one of the richest sources of both soluble and insoluble fiber. Insoluble fiber aids in proper excretion of waste products in the body, on the other hand, soluble fiber (aka beta glucan) mixes with liquid, binds to fatty substances and allow them to leave the body. Barley is also seen to be reach in tocotrienols, which is an antioxidant, which helps lessen risk for contracting heart disease and cholesterol problems. - extracted from beauty impress.
This drink is not only a refreshing thirst quenching but it also considered as a remedy if one caught with fever. To the oldies this drink helps to cool down your body temperature. It's a traditional cleansing formula. So consume MORE!!!!!!
- 3/4 cup of pearl barley
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 6 cups of water
- Place the barley in a sieve and rinse under cold water until water runs clear.
- Place barley in a saucepan with grated lemon zest and 6 cups of water.
- Bring to the boil over medium heat. Once boiling, simmer for 10 minutes then strain mixture into a heatproof bowl. Discard the barley.
- Add honey to bowl and stir to dissolve. Stir in lemon juice and then let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Pour into bottles and refrigerate until chilled.
Oooohhhhh ini adalah lagi satu minuman yang paling nikmat dihidang sebagai pembuka puasa, cukup segar....sampai bergelen-gelen minum dibuatnya. Biasanya diminum begitu aje, kali ini saya masukkan sedikit lemonade...mak aii..... sejuk.....tekak dalam cuaca yang begitu panas....
Next Post - Friday Buka Puasa Menu