Good Morning Malaysia and a BIG Asalamualikum!!!Surprising this morning was a bit chilled...I was hoping that it rains but it doesn't.. the weather is terrible these day...
Anyway we have to leave with it for quite sometimes. I just spoke to a friend last night to spend the hari Raya Holiday in Ho Chin Minh city Vietnam, I feel that I just need a break... speaking of Ho Chin Minh made me crave for Banh Mi as such this morning I made Chicken and Egg Banh Mi.
I used the store bought smoked chicken and made a simple omelette. This is my favorite except that baguette was a bit hard, yeah I couldn't any other suitable bread. So it's Vietnamese Chicken & Egg Sandwich for today's breakfast. Here's how I amde my Banh Mi :-INGREDIENTS
- 10 slices smoked chicken
- 5 eggs - make a thin omelette make about 3
- 1 carrot, peeled - sliceinto stripe
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (24-inch) soft baguette
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 fresh jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 3/4 cup packed cilantro sprigs
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Heat baguette on rack in oven until crusty, about 5 minutes. Cut off and discard round ends, then split baguette.
- Mix together oil, fish sauce, and soy sauce and brush on cut sides of bread. Spread on bottom layer of bread and top with chiles, onion, and cilantro.
- Arrange chicken, omelette, and lettuce on cilantro. Spread top layer of bread with mayonnaise and cut sandwich crosswise into fourths.