|Pan Fried Chicken Udon|
Good Morning Malaysia!!! and Asalamualikum all, today we go East - A Taste of Japan. I made Pan Fried Chicken Udon. Udon are thick Japanese noodles. There are several ways to prepare Udon. This recipe shows the pan fried version.These noodles are cooked in oyster sauce, soy sauce and the chicken broth .
|Ricotta Cheese Pancake|
This is a versatile recipe and you can use any vegetables you choose. Same goes with the meat or you could leave it out all together. I do recommend the shiitakes though. They really add a nice flavor and texture. The udon noodles also have a nice texture and they are just fun to eat in the same way spaghetti is fun to eat.
On top of Udon I made 1/2 dozen of ricotta cheese pancake. I run into this recipe by accident. I'm a little curious to see the combination of cheese and pancake. Made a try this morning....wow... true enough as what the writer recommended, it's really fluffy and soft.
Not a bad idea for breakfast and mix of Japanese and Western Breakfast. - ENJOY!!!!
Pan-fried Udon Noodles with Chicken and Shiitakes
- 1 package dried udon noodles (usually sold in 8.8 oz packages) or about 1 pound fresh udon noodles
- 100 gm chicken fillet
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar (more to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs minced ginger
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup 1" length cut green onions
- 1/2 cup cut lettuce
- 1 ounce dried shitake mushrooms
- If using dried noodles, boil them first for about 3 or 4 minutes less than indicated on the package. You’ll cook them further when you stir-fry them. Drain and rinse them with cold water. Allow them to drain well and toss them with a little oil if you aren’t ready to us them right away.
- Soak the mushrooms in boiling water until they soften up. Squeeze them dry and set aside until needed.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cornstarch , soy sauce and oyster sauce. Mix well and allow to marinate for 10 minutes or so while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Make the sauce by combining the remaining seasoning. Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- Once all your ingredients are ready, heat a wok over high heat. When hot, add about 1 to 2 tbs oil (try refined sesame oil, it’s appropriate for stir-frying). When it gets really hot, throw in the marinating meat and garlic. Quickly stir-fry until just no longer pink, but not until done. Remove from the wok and set aside. Add a little more oil if necessary then add the ginger, carrot, and mushrooms. On top of that add the cold, drained noodles. Stir-fry without over-stirring for about 2 minutes. The noodles should begin to take on some color and the carrot should begin to soften. Once the noodles are warmed through, add about half of the sauce and allow the noodles to absorb it. Covering the wok helps this go a little faster. Then add the beef back in and the remaining sauce. Once the sauce is absorbed and the beef is cooked through, you’re done! Before removing from heat add green onion and lettuce. Combine thoroughly.
Asalamualaikum semua!!!!!pagi yang mulai ini kita bersarapan ala Jepun. Udon Goreng. Udon adalah sejenis mee jepun yang seakan mee kuning tetapi agak tebal sedikit. Biasanya digoreng atau dibuat macam mee sup. Untuk pagi ini saya goreng cara Cina gunakan kicap dan sos tiram, masukkan sedikit lobak merah, cendawan shitake, daun bawang dan selada. Tidak pedas sesuai untuk anak-anak.
Disamping itu saya buat juga sedikit pancake, biasalah tu bila dah ada yang pedas nak pula yang manis. pancake ini saya masukkan ricotta cheese, hemmmmm boleh tahan juga breakfast pagi ini gabungan timur dan barat. SELAMAT BERSARAPAN
Next Post - Ricotta Cheese Pancake.