Good Morning Malaysia, I have to make it short today. Last night I had high fever...It's been a while I haven't got flu or fever, don't know what when wrong the whole body systems were weak. I had prepared the empanada and froze in the fridge, just deep fry this morning and made some Pad Thai for the girl's to pack to school. For those learning to fry Pad Thai for the first time you can refer to http://tesathome.com/?p=895. That's how I learned to make my Pad Thai from tesathome.com. I don't have the Pad Thai noodles, so I just used Koay Teaw, anyway it taste the same. You can get the Pad Thai noodles from the Supermarket I got mine from Jusco.
Ingredients: (2-3 servings)
100 gm rice noodle stick- uncooked
4 cloves garlic- minced
1 large egg- beaten
100 gm tofu- sliced
10-15 prawns- peeled and deveined
2 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Light soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 cup bean sprouts- (see our homemade sprouts in the previous post)
2 tbsp oil
Crushed roasted peanuts
- Soak the dry noodle in warm water for 3 minutes, drain and keep aside.
- Heat a large wok or pan over the medium high heat and add little oil. Add egg and fry until cook. Cool down and slice into long strips
- Add about 1 tbsp of oil, add tofu and fry until light brown. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Add a little more oil to the same pan, then add garlic and stir until turn yellow.
- Add prawns and cooked for few minutes.
- Add tamarind paste, sugar, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce.
- Add rice noodle and toss until all ingredients coated and stir fry for few minutes
- Add bean sprout and fish sauce and cook further for 1 minute or until the noodle is tender.
- Transfer Pad Thai into the serving plate; add more bean sprout, sliced fry egg, crushed peanuts and few onion chives. Squeeze lime juice over it before eating. For extra heat you can add some chili flakes.
Hari ini agak kurang sihat sedikit..yalah lama tak demam sekali demam sampai lemah seluruh anggota badam. Semalam saya udah buat karipap keledek telur, bekukan dalam fridge..memang selalu buat macam itu kalau ada tetamu tak diduga boleh ambil goreng, buat semalam untuk stok minggu ini, pagi tadi saya goreng dan buat sedikit Pad Thai untuk anak-anak bawa bekal. Anak saya Myraz hari ini ada latihan netball, so kena stay back untuk training, jadi perlu bekalan. Saya siapkan Pad Thai dan Karipap ini
Next Post - Sweet Potato Empanada____________________________