GOOD MORNING MALAYSIA, Sunday is back again, another lazy week end. I am too exhausted this week so I made a simple breakfast, HAILAM NOODLES MEE and EGGS SANDWICH. In fact the Eggs Sandwich was from my daughter Tyca, she's going for a picnic with a friends. Her picnic sets are Eggs Sandwich, Fried Egg Noodles and Blueberry Muffins. It's good that I have a helping hand from her. Another trick to drag her to the kitchen...ha...ha... I'm glad that she had shown an interest to go the kitchen.
Hailam Noodle Mee is regular dishes that one can come across in any Chinese Restaurant Breakfast Menu. Of the many types of noodle dishes available , Mee hailam is one of it It is a dish of yellow eggs noodles with vegetables, seafood and/or meat in soy-oyster base gravy. The different with other noodles lies in its thick gravy. The used of beef broth made this noodles really yummy. Serve best with green chilies pickles.
Tyca's Eggs Sandwich is a classic eggs sandwich with mayo, hard boiled eggs, lettuce and fresh tomatoes. The amount of mayonnaise is really a matter of taste, it all depends on how mayo-y you want your sandwich.
She fried some French Fries and made simple colelaws. So here are our Sunday Breakfast Recipe :-
This recipe is for a one egg sandwich. If you have more eggs and more people to feed, just double, triple, etc. the recipe.
- 1 hard-boiled* egg (large), peeled and chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp mayonnaise (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 leaf of lettuce
- 2 slice tomatoes cut into ring
- 2 slice cucumber cut into ring
- 2 slices white bread
* To make hard boiled eggs, place a few eggs in a saucepan, cover with at least an inch of water, preferable 2 inches. Add a half teaspoon of vinegar and some salt to the water (if the shells crack while boiling, the vinegar will help keep the egg in the shell). Cover the pan and bring the water to a boil. As soon as the water begins to boil, remove the pan from heat and let it sit, covered, for 12 minutes. Drain the water from the pan, add cold water to cool the eggs, let sit a couple minutes longer.
1 Mash up the chopped egg a bit with a fork. Mix together the chopped hard-boiled egg, mayonnaise. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix with a spoon.
2 Spred butter to your bread. Put a layer of lettuce on one slice of bread, spread the egg mixture on top of the lettuce, put tomato and cucumber and top another slice of bread on top.
Makes one sandwich.
HAILAM NOODLE MEE
* The noodles will absorb the gravy fast as such it is best that you prepare the noodle one serving at a time. The ingredients here are for four people but the cooking was made for one serving. I cooked it one at a time.
500g Chinese egg noodle
3 Cloves of crushed garlic
3 Spoons of vegetable oil
2 Spoons of corn flour (mix with some water)
4 Spoons of oyster sauce
1 Chicken cubes
2 1/2 cups of water
200g Diced chicken breast
100g Beef that had been cut into small pieces
100g Squid that had been cut into small pieces
5 Fresh mushroom
5 Mustard Leaves (sawi) leaves cut into small pieces.
10 Numbers of Fish Balls
- Take a cooking pot, heat the oil, sauté the garlic until it turns yellow.
- Put the corn flour, water, fish balls, oyster sauce, chicken cubes and let it boiled
- Put all the ingredient excluding all the vegetables and let the chicken cooked.
- Lastly put the vegetables.
- Keep stirring until you see the noodle and chicken is cooked
SELAMAT PAGI MALAYSIA dan ASALAMUAILAIKUM menu sarapan pagi hujung minggu ini ialah Mee Haila, dan Sanwich Telur. Sandwich Telur disediakan oleh anak saya Tyca. Hari ini Tyca dan kawan-kawan akan ber"picnic" jadi Tyca siapkan Sandwich Telur, saya siapkan Mee Hailam. Semalam sempat buatkan Tyca Blueberry Muffin, jadi 3 menu picnic dan sarapan pagi.
Sandwich Telur ini resipinya biasa-biasa aje, manakala untuk resipi mee hailam ini bahannya disediakan untuk cukup empat orang makan tetapi membuat persediaannya saya lebih gemar gemar menggorengnya satu persatu. Ini bagi memastikan kuahnya tidak diserap oleh mee. Mee ni sedap dimakan panas-panas dan semasa memakan enak di renjiskan dengan lada sulah dan nakkan lagi ummpphh jangan lupa siapkan cili jeruk. Cili jeruk boleh dibuat sehari lebih awal. SELAMAT MENJAMU SELERA DAN SELAMAT BERISTIREHAT.
Next Post - Daging Nasi Kandaq