Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

SERIMUKA DURIAN



Serimuka Durian



I did this on the third day of Ramadan. I considered the recent Ramandan was a new twist in my life. I have stopped cooking for almost 15 years. Being a career women my main focus was my job. I only cooked when there's visitor, other then that it's the maid scope of work. This blogging things really changed me, I'm getting closer to the kitchen experimenting and trying new things that others have tried. Serimuka Durian was my third Ramadan kuih. Happened to have durian given by my staff, I made this serimuka. I missed my mum serimuka, she made a damn good serimuka and so beautiful using a combination of white and black glutinous rice. I made a try on this, recapturing what I can from the yesteryears memories. Anyway it turned out ok, but I still need to learn perfecting the finishing. I love serimuka with shinning and smooth finishing. After this trial, I think I known what it takes to have a perfect finishing. Will try in my next serimuka recipe.




INGREDIENTS
The Bottom Layer
3 cups white glutinous rice - soak overnight / 3 cawan pulut putih rendam.
1 cup black glutinous rice - soak overnight/ 1 cawan pulut hitam - rendam
4 cups coconut milk / 4 cawan santan
pinch of salts / secubit garam

  1. Wash and drain the glutinous rice, mix both and add in coconut milk and a pinch of salt. Steam for 20 minutes. Cool and put aside./ Basuh dan toskan pult. Campur kedua-dua pulut, santan dan garam lalu kukus selama 20 minit.
  2. When cooled, pour in a 7" mould, press the glutinous rice packed. Steam for another 10 minutes./ Bila sejuk, masukkan pulut ke dalam loyang 7" dan tekan pulut sehingga mampat. Kukus semula selama 10 minit.

The Top Layer
3 cups thick santan / 3 cawan santan pekat
3/4 cup sugar / 3/4 cawan gula
1 cup mashed durian/ 1 cawan durian yang dilecek
3 eggs/ 3 biji telor
1/2 cup flour / 1/2 cawan tepung
1/2 cup custard powder/ 1/2 cawan tepung kastard.


Blend all the ingredients. Heat on low heat until slightly thickened. Pour mixture to the steaming glutinous rice and steam over medium heat for 20 minutes.  Rest to cool before serving./ Blend semua bahan dan masak di atas api kecil sehingga adunan menjadi pekat sedikit. Tuang adunan ke atas pulut yang sedang dikukus tadi selama 20 minit. Biarkan sejuk


* To have a beautiful cut, allow a minimum 6 hours cooling time./ Untuk mendapatkan serimuka yang cantik apabila dipotong. Biarkan kuih ini sejuk sekurang-kurangnya 6 jam.


______________________________________________________________


Saya membuat kuih ini pada Ramadan yang ketiga, kebetulan ada durian yang diberikan oleh anak buah saya. Walaupun ketika itu saya dah lama tak masuk ke dapur, tapi saya cuba jugalah membuat kuih ini. Alhamdulilah menjadi cuma bahagian atasnya agak lembik sedikit.  Kepada peminat durian bolehlah cuba, rasanya macam makan durian dengan pulut.


______________________________________________________________
Next Post - Kuih Keria



________________________________________________________________





No comments:

You Might Also Like These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...