Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

MY 100TH ENTRIES - PULUT KUNING, RENDANG DAGING


Pulut Kuning Rendang Daging

Pulut Kuning Rendang Daging is my 100th entries.  Believe it or not today I'm 3 months 4 days and 3 hours old. This is my 100th entries and I feel like making it grand with Pulut Kuning and Rendang Daging.



Never thought I came this far. When I first thought of blogging my intention was to upload my recipes to my children. I believe it is high time for them to take up cooking. I want them to balance between school and homemaking. My conscience was cleared. 15th September 2010, was my first blogging, I created my tag line, produced my logo and all set to move forward. I was so excited, it was an online journal of my life, my passion and my cooking. 


However in October 2010, I paused for a while, I began contemplating whether to continue or not. I found it's hard to juggle between work, hobby and my children. I have a second thought about the whole things. I'm worried that this is going to be my next half done activities, but then again I realized that no matter what as a mum I still have to cook for my children, I still have to pick up all the household chores, so why not make it interesting, why not document it, share it and be passionate about the whole things.  After all this blogging things was to have fun, it's not meant to be a a burden. I've pushed all the negative thoughts aside, and all set to continue my passion and interest. Thanks to N.F Simpson from Delicious Days on her articles on Foodblogging - Do's and Don't. A superb write up for newbie like me and information shared was incredibly helpful and inspired me to continue writing.


I enjoy cooking and with so many people posting about their creativity cooking, I couldn't help thinking about how much cooking means to me. It’s gone from being a dull necessity to something approaching a arts, but more than that, as it encompasses a whole range of things that I love to do so much.I enjoy blogging more about food than anything else! I started to pay attentions to details, I took more pictures of the food I’ve tried and all the eateries I’ve dined in. I learned a lot about food photography, I learned about food presentations, I learned about networking, I learned about IT, HTML, PHP, CSS..etc..... and found new friends and teachers and I enjoy every moment  of my blogging time.

Another thing I love is the pleasure this blogging gave, both to myself and to others. I like the values that this sharing of experiences instills. I continuously learning something new every time I blogged. It is totally a NEW WORLD for me and I like that my repertoire and courage are growing. I've learnt that sharing are likely to have success in every thing you do and this have given me confidence. I found a NEW LOVE in my life, new friends and my next move is to try baking and fusions. I want to start baking and I found that it is much cheaper to learn it from friends. Perhaps baking and fusions can be my 2011 new year’s resolutions. I will continue writing and enjoy my blogging adventure. Thanks for the support given, and will always hold to the principle that Food Blogging is all about Community and not Competitions.

Let's continue the adventure with me and color the Malaysian Food Blogging. All the Best to ALL and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.

PULUT KUNING RENDANG DAGING

Pulut Kuning or Yellow Glutinous Rice is always associated with the Malays   thanks giving  or special occasions, baby shower or even birthday. The dish is perfect with rendang or curry.

INGREDIENTS
5 cups glutinous rice -soak with 3 tbsp turmeric powder/ 5 cawan beras rendam bersama 3 sdb serbuk kunyit.
3 cups thin coconut milk/ 3 cawan santan cair
2 cups thick coconut milk/ 2 cawan santan pekat
salts to taste/ garam secukup rasa
  1. Steam glutinous rice with 3 cups thin coconut milk until rice are done./ Kukus pulut dengan 3 cawan santan cair sehingga pulut masak.
  2. Add in 2 cups thick coconut milk and stir evenly. Cook for another 15 minutes./Masukan 2 cawan santan pekat dan kacau rata. Kukus semula selama 15 minit lagi.
  3. Off heat and leave aside/ Padamkan api dan biarkan sekejap.

INGREDIENTS FOR RENDANG
1 kilo beef, cut into 1" cube / 1 kilo daging potong 1"
2 cups thick coconut milk/ 2 cawan santan pekat
3 cups thin coconut milk / 3 cawan santan cair
3 turmeric leaves thinly sliced/ 3 daun kunyit dimayang halus
5 kaffir leaves/ 5 daun limau perut
2 asam keping / 2 asam keping
1/2 cup palm sugar/ 1/2 cawan gula merah
salts to taste/ garam secukup rasa.
Blended Ingredients
7 stalk lemongrass/ 5 batang serai
3 onions/ 3 biji bawang besar
7 cloves garlic/ 7 ulas bawang putih
2" turmeric root/ 2" kunyit hidup
2"ginger / 2" halia
1"galangal / 1" lengkuas
7 candlenut/ 7 buah keras
25 dried chilies - soak/ 25 cili kering rendam
15 bird's eyes chilies/ 15 cili padi
METHOD
  1. Blend all ingredients into paste and marinade with beef for 2 hours/Blend semua bahan dan perap bersama ayam selama 2 jam.
  2. Mix beef, marinated beef, kaffir leave and thin santan. Bring to boil and add in asam keping. Simmer under low heat until beef are done./Campurkan daging yang diperap tadi, santan cair, daun limau purut dan masak atas api kecil sehingga agak pekat. Masukkan asam keping dan terus masak.
  3. Add in thick coconut milk, palm sugar and salts to taste. Continue simmer until gravy is thickened then add in turmeric leaves. Mix well and continue to cook until a bit dried. Roughly 1 - 1 1/2 hours./Masukkan santan pekat, daun kunyit gula merah dan garam secukup rasa. Terus masak sehingga agak kering lebih kurang 1 - 1 1/2 jam.
________________________________________________________________

Pulut Kuning Rendang Daging adalah entry saya yang 100th. Hari ini genap 3 bulan, 4 hari dan 3 jam saya blogging bersama Paty's Kitchen. Rasanya macam tak percaya saya berjaya menyiapkan 100 resipi dalam waktu sedekat itu. Sedar tak sedar saya telah melepasi personal target saya. Pada mulanya saya agak ragu-ragu takut jadi "hangat-hangat tahi ayam" ialah mana nak kejar dengan kerja anak-anak lagi, memang agak kalut pada permulaan tetapi saya mendapat semangat baru apabila saya membaca atikel tulisan N.F Simpson mengenai "the Do's and Don't about Food Blogging".

Saya berpegang kepada nasihatnya bahawa jadikan food blogging ini sebagai satu yang fun dan bukan yang menyiksakan. Food blogging bukan satu pertandingan tetapi satu komuniti. Berpegang pada itu saya menjadi bersemangat. Sememangnya betul kata Simpson kalau kita jadikan food blogging ini sebagai medan untuk berlawan antara satu sama lain rasanya ianya"defeat the purpose"-it should be fun and we should be enjoying it.

Food Blogging ini sudah menjadi CINTA BARU saya, dan saya enjoy melakukanya lebih-lebih lagi sharing dengan kekawan tentang pengelaman memasak masing-masing. Menariknya tentang food blogging ini saya belajar banyak benda, saya belajar resipi baru, saya belajar seni photography, saya belajar teknologi IT, HTML, PHP CSS dsb.... saya belajar berhubungan dengan dunia luar dan yang lebih penting saya menjadi lebih komited menyediakan juadah kegemaran anak-anak. Sebagai meraikan kejayaan saya kekal komited saya sediakan PULUT KUNING RENDANG DAGING sebagai menu 100th entry saya. Terima Kasih kepada yang menyokong, yang bertandang dan yang sudi menjadi teman saya. Teruskan sokongan anda untuk sama-sama kita mempelajari sesuatu yang baru dan mewarnakan MALAYSIA FOOD BLOG. Saya akan terus menulis dan berkongsi ilmu dan berharap dapat memulakan impian saya untuk mencuba membuat pelbagai kek dan masakan fusion. Diari 2011 saya akan dipenuhi dengan resipi yang berunsurkan "baking and Fusion". Insyallah semoga kita terus belajar dan berkongsi idea. "SELAMAT MENYAMBUT TAHUN 2011. Semoga sukses selalu.
________________________________________________________________
Next Post - Ess Pokat.

________________________________________________________________




2 comments:

maz said...

Salam kak...tahniah..wpun sbuk dgn tgas berat dipjabt..tpi pryok kuali didapur msih kak pegang..kita yg xkeje ni pun slalu bli je..smga kak trus memeriahkan lgi dnia blog masak2 ni...siap ada plut kning lgi tu..hebat skli kak..btul tu kak..brblog ni kna ikut dri sdri kan..xleh nk trikut2 nga org lain sngat..tahniah skli lgi kak...kita pun jrang buat blog wrking..msa xdan sngat..

Patyskitchen - Exploring Global Flavor Around The World said...

Salam Maz, anak kak ramai, mana boleh main yang tunjuk-tunjuk kena masak la, kalau tak parah jadinya. Kak dah lama mengidam pulut kuning ni.Kena buat la, bukan senang nak dapat, nak kena tunggu orang jemput kenduri barulah boleh.Dah terlanjur berblog ni kak touch-touch up la sedikit.

You Might Also Like These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...