I remembered the last time I made doughnut was 10 -15 years ago...OMG!!!!! See how workS, Dunkin Doughnut and BIG APPLE DOUGHNUT had diverted my attention from homemade doughnut. However the urge to make this doughnut came out of sudden when I saw few entries on a few variations of doughnut, pumpkin, sweet potato, taro and the recent soft tofu doughnut. Made this recently but was not quite happy with the result. Anyway it's yummy and I shall try again may be with some modification...perhaps!!!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pack dry yeast
- 1/2 cup water 105 to 115 degrees
- 1 cup cooked unseasoned potatoes mashed
- 2/3 cup shorteing
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- about 7 cups all purpose flour
- vegetable oil
- 1 16 oz package powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teasspoon vanilla
- Scald milk and cool to lukewarm 105 to 115 degrees.
- Disolve yeast in warm water stir in scalded milk.
- Combine next five ingredients beat well stir in yeast mixture.
- Gradually add enough flour to make a moderate soft dough.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a flowered doughnut cutter.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise in a warm place 85 degrees free from drafts 1 hour or until double in size.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil to 375 degrees.
- Drop in 3 or 4 doughnuts at a time cook on each side about 1 minute or until golden turning only once.
- Combine powdered sugar 1/2 cup water and vanilla stir and drizzle over doughnuts.
- Yields about 4 dozen.
Lama juga tak buat donut ni, tenguk ke kawan keluar dengan bermacam donut, labu, keledek, keladi dan baru-baru ini donut tofu rasa teringin pula nak cuba. Tapi untuk kali ini saya buat yang simple aje, donut kentang tetapi kurang montok sedikit tidak tahu apa sebabnya!!!!, anyway not bad cuma kena try lagi bagi jadi lebih gebus.!!!__________________________________________________________________
Next Post - Ayam Goreng Cabe Ijo