This classic cake is a great entertaining cake, easy to make and impressive when served. It keeps very well when stored in an airtight cake keeper, staying very moist even when made a day or two ahead.
While you could frost the top and sides of the cake, I prefer to simply made it plain. Pound cake is dense and heavy, so be sure to place the cake on a sturdy cardboard base.
Since there's no icing to deal with, you can wrap this cake tightly in clear plastic wrap and still keep the chocolate visible. This pound cake is also very moist and very soft
- 2 cups Butter or Margarine, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine 1 cup batter and chocolate syrup, stirring until blended.
- Divide remaining batter in half; pour 1 portion into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Spoon half of chocolate batter on top; repeat layers. Gently swirl batter with a knife.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
Kek klasik yang perlu ada dalam koleksi kek, saya suka kek ini bahanya simple dan membuatnya mudah. Kalau tekak terasa nak makan kek inilah kek yang paling mudah dibuat. Saya suka makan masa panas-panas sedap hirup bersama teh panas.
Next Post - Breakfast Menu