Good Morning Malaysia, it's almost lunch and I am still with my breakfast menu. I gonna run this short, we have toast and scrambled eggs this morning. My scrambled eggs this morning was purely egg yolks. I made zebra steam cake yesterday that only required egg whites so these egg yolks will be a waste if I don't use it. The only thing that I can think of at that moment was scrambled eggs and toast...ha..ha perfect brefast/brunch menu.
Scrambled eggs are simple and quick to make. I love the scrambled eggs with sliced onions and sprinkle some parmesan cheese. Great with hot black coffee...so ENJOY your breakfast.
Method for making scrambled eggs - adapted from helpwith cooking.com
- Take two eggs per person and break them into a bowl.
- Heat a medium sized non-stick frying pan or saucepan over a moderate heat to warm it up. Do not use a pan that is too large, as the eggs will spread out too thinly and cook too quickly. Eggs cooked at a temperature that is too high will turn out to be quite rubbery and dry.
- Meanwhile add salt and pepper to the eggs in the bowl and 1 tablespoon of milk per egg and beat the mixture vigorously for around 2 minutes until the eggs have completely blended together. The more the mixture is whisked, the more air enters, which should result in light fluffy eggs once they are cooked.
- Once the pan is warm, add 1 teaspoon of butter per egg and melt the butter tilting the pan, so that it melts evenly.
- As soon as the butter turns to liquid add the beaten eggs and allow the eggs to set slightly. Do not stir the eggs at this point.
- As soon as the eggs begin to solidify, take a wooden spoon or spatula and begin to scrape the eggs from the sides of the pan and fold them over into the middle. Repeat this action continuously, taking care not to burn the underside of the eggs or allow it to stick to the bottom of the pan, until all of the runny liquid has disappeared but the eggs are still moist. Break up any large pieces of egg as you do so. This should take about 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. The eggs will continue to cook even though they have been taken away from the heat, due to the heat from the pan. For this reason, you may remove the pan from the heat when the eggs are still fairly moist, as long as they are firm.
- Serve the scrambled eggs with toast or as you prefer.
- Add a little grated cheese to the eggs as they are cooking.
- Fry a handful of finely chopped onion in the butter before adding the beaten eggs.
- Season the eggs with freshly chopped dill, parsley or chives.
- Fold in a few cooked prawns during the final minute of cooking time.
- Fry some chopped onions, mushrooms and ham in the butter before adding the eggs.
- Serve the eggs on a slice of buttered toast topped with a slice of smoked salmon.
Asalamualaikum dan SELAMAT PAGI semua, hari roti dan telur pecah aje. Semalam sempat buat kek kukus zebra resipi dari Citra - Indonesia in Turkey. Resipi memerlukan telur putih aje, jadi lebihan telur kuning ini saya buatlah scrambled eggs, makan bersama roti bakar. Biasanya kalau scrambled eggs ini saya gemar letakkan bawang besar dan daun parsley ditaburkan pula parmesan cheese. Sedap dan lebih mantap perahkan sedikit jus lemon sebelum makan. Mudah, ringkas dan senang. SELAMAT MENJEMU SELERA.
Next Post - Fish and Cheesy PotatoWedges