Urap-urap Sayur is a traditional meal, I don't know where it originally comes from, probably from Central of Java. Therefore, this meal is also popular in other regions, such as in East Java and Bali. In Bali it is known as Lawar. It contains of different kind cooked vegetables like bean sprouts, long bean, cabbage, cassava leaf, basil, etc. Then combine with granted coconut with some spices. It usually serves as side dish and can be eaten with Plain Rice (nasi putih) with other dish like for example Sate Lilit Bali - Tasty-Indonesia Food. Com.
I love this dish and learned to make it from my maid. It has a few variations and the most that we like are the string beans, water spinach and bean sprouts. You just need to blanch all the vegetables and prepare the spices. Combine and mix as you fix the normal vegetables salad. Definitely wonderful with rice and serve as side dish for any main dish.
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 100 g cabbage, shredded
- 50 g green bean , cut into 2 cm long
- 100 g spinach, cut into 2 or 3 cm long
- 200 g fresh/dry grated coconut
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 red chillies, seeded
- 2 bird's eyes chillies
- 2 cm Kencur, peeled and sliced
- 50 g Palm sugar
- 4 fresh Kaffir Lime leafs, very finely shredded
- Salt to taste
1. Grind or blend all spice paste ingredients.
2. Heat oil and sauté the spice paste until fragrant. Then add the grated coconut, mix it well for few minutes, then set aside.
3. Cook all the vegetables, set aside and cool them off.
4. Serve: Combine the vegetables with the spiced grated coconut.
Suka makan urap ?????. Pada pengemar sayur pasti suka menu ini. Ini merupakan kegemaran saya, cukup suka rasa cekur dalam urap. Resipi yang mudah dibuat dengan celur semua bahan sayuran dan gaulkan bersama sambal dan kelapa parut yang dimasak bersama sambal. Memang sedap.
_________________________________________________________________Next Post - Bubur Pulut Hitam Durian