This dark chocolate cupcake is a crowd-pleasing dessert. The chocolate flavor comes from a lot of cocoa powder, and chocolate chips adding flavor without adding any density, and again not making the cupcakes overly sweet. I used peanut butter frosting that is both smooth and rich. Add the confectioners’ sugar in gradually when you make the frosting so it doesn’t become overly thick and maintains a nice, spreadable consistency.
preheat over to 350 degrees fahrenheit
8 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature, cut into 4 pieces
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup dutch-processed cocoa powder
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1/2 cup sour cream (i used a light version & it was perfect!)
1. place butter, chocolate, and cocoa in a heat-proof bowl. set bowl over saucepan with two inches of simmering water. gently stir butter and chocolate until melted and combined. set aside until mixture is warm. this step can be substituted for microwave.
2. in a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and baking powder together.
3. in a large bowl, whisk eggs together until combined. add sugar, vanilla, and salt until fully incorporated. add cooled chocolate mixture and whisk together. sift one-third of flour mixture over chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. stir in sour cream until combined, and then sift remaining flour mixture over and stir until batter is thick.
4. fill cupcake liners two-thirds full and bake until knife or cake tester in center of cupcake comes out with a few crumbs - about 18 minutes. if adding to batter, place in center of cupcake half-way through baking. if making mini-cupcakes, only bake for 7-8 minutes.
peanut butter frosting1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
3-4 tablespoons heavy cream or half & half
1. place butter and sugar in bowl of stand mixer and beat with paddle attachment until combined and creamy.
2. add vanilla extract, salt, and peanut butter, and combine.
3. add heavy cream one tablespoon at a time until frosting reaches desired consistency.
Dark chocolate cupcake dengan peanut butter frosting juga merupakan satu kombinasi yang menarik. Cupcake ini juga kaya dengan chocolatenya cukup sesuai dijadi sajian majlis. Sedap lemat dan moist.
Next Post - Thai Laksa