This is heavenly wonderful !!!! Perfect Sweet Ending for any meal. Savor this quintessential dessert of poached pears, flavored with orange juice and vanilla . Drizzle a luscious ice cream sauce on top for extra ..............
Make the components for this dessert a day ahead, and assemble shortly before serving. Placing a plate on top of the pears as they cook keeps them submerged so they cook evenly.
- 6 peeled pears
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamon pod1 (1.5-liter) bottle Asti Spumante or other sweet sparkling wine - I used the unachoholic apple sparkling drinks - You can omit this the sugar and orange juice just fine.
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- Ground cardamom (optional)
- To prepare pears, working with 1 pear at a time, hold pear, stem side down, in 1 hand. Make 3 or 4 quick cuts into pear from the bottom, using a melon baller (do not remove stem). If necessary, cut about 1/4 inch from base of each pear so they will sit flat when served.
- Combine 3 cups water and next 5 ingredients in a large stockpot over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Cook 6 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Add pears. Using tongs, place a small clean plate on top of pears to weigh them down. Return to a simmer; cook 15 minutes or until tender. Remove pot from heat; cool mixture to room temperature. Cover and chill 4 hours or up to overnight (do not remove plate).
- To prepare cream, melt ice cream in a small heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Remove from heat.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add cardamom; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant, shaking pan frequently. Stir cardamom into melted ice cream; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Strain mixture through a fine sieve over a bowl; discard solids. Cool cream to room temperature; cover and chill.
- Remove the plate from chilled pears. Remove pears from liquid with a slotted spoon; discard liquid. Spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons cream onto bottom of each of 6 small dessert plates or shallow bowls; top each serving with 1 pear. Garnish with mint sprigs and ground cardamom, if desired.
Kalau kita Sira Pisang, tapi Mat Salleh lebih gemar dengan Pear. Cara buat lebih kurang sama. Mengikut resipinya dimasukkan wain tapi tak perlu wine pun tak apa guna cara kita boleh , saya gantikan wine dengan apple sparkling water.
Sedap ni makan dengan ice-cream atau whipped cream
Next Post- Pan Roasted Chicken With Speedy Pan Sauce