Let' start the year off with something delicious.This tasty rice dish is so popular in Middle Eastern, India, Pakistan..and even in Malaysia. Each country has its own version. In Malaysia, we love to serve the rice with tamarind sauce.
Yakhni Pulao is a delicious rice dish cooked in meat stock with spices. You can use beef, mutton or even chicken. Serve with chutney or salad..perghhh..its heavenly delicious.
Happy New Year all and may 2015 brings you abundance of blessing.
Pakistani Yakhni Pulao / Nasi Daging
For the Rice
- 4 cups rice - preferably basmathi
- 4 cups meat stock
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 2 onion chop
- 2 strip coriander leaf
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 lime juice
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 carrot shredded
- 2 green chili cut into 3
For the stock
- 1 kg beef/mutton cut into 12 pieces
- 5 garlic - pound or blend
- 2" ginger - pound or blend
- 3 tbsp bokhari / biryani powder
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 6 cloves
- 1"piece of cinnamon
- 1 black cardamom
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsps coriander seeds
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 star anise
Cut a piece of muslin cloth into a 6" square and place the cinnamon, black and green cardamom, cloves, peppercorns, star anise, coriander and cumin seeds, bay leaf in the center of this square. Gather up the edges and tie tightly with a piece of string to form a bundle. Put this bundle in the pressure cooker/ pant
Squeeze lime into milk and allow to stand for 10 minutes
- If you are using a pressure cooker, put 6 cups of water in it. If using a deep, heavy-bottomed pan, put 8-9 cups of water in it.
- Add the ginger, garlic pastes, biryani powder, meat and salt to taste to the pressure cooker/ pan and close. Boil till the meat is almost cooked.
- Remove the muslin bag and separate the meat from the stock and keep aside. The stock should measure 4 cups.
- In a separate deep pan, heat ghee and add the chopped onions. Fry till light golden.
- Now add the meat, stock, rice, tomato puree, shredded carrot, green chili, coriander leaf and milk and mix well. Cook on medium flame till the mixture comes to a boil, then reduce the flame to a simmer, cover and cook till the rice is done. Turn off the fire and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fried sliced onions (optional) and cashew nuts
Recipe Source :- PATYSKITCHEN
@PATYSKITCHEN, all images & content are copyright protected. please do not use our images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank You