Simple, easy, baked chicken strips, great for dinner or as a snack! ... Mix together cornflakes, flour, seasoning salt, pepper and chicken. With the same recipe you can opt to deep fry...perfect with any dipping sauce...mustard, mayo, BBQ, Chili, Tomato, Brown or even black pepper sauce.
Serve with salad and bread.
Crisp Chicken Strips
- 750g boneless skinless chicken breasts (approximately 3 breasts)
- ½ cup flour seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (approximately 2 slices of bread)
- ½ teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200oC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthways into 2 or 3 even sized strips.
- Put the seasoned flour into one bowl.
- Beat the egg and water in a second bowl.
- Measure the cornflakes into a third bowl and lightly crush them with your hands.
- Add the breadcrumbs and curry powder (if using) to the cornflakes and mix together.
- Coat the chicken pieces by evenly coating in the flour, then coating in the egg, and finally coating in the cornflake mixture.
- Place the coated chicken pieces on the lined baking tray.
- Drizzle lightly with oil
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and the thickest part is no longer pink when cut through.
- It's easier to work with a few strips at a time and try to keep one hand for the dry ingredients and one for the wet to avoid big clumps of coating on your fingers.