Potato Fish Cake / Bergedil Ikan
- Boil potatoes for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- While the potatoes are boiling, sear the fish fillets in a frying pan with a bit of oil for 5-10 minutes over medium heat. When they are almost fully cooked, remove from heat and flake into bits with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and place into a large bowl. Quickly mash with a potato masher
- Mix the flaked fish into the mashed potatoes. Add in the onions, green onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Using your hands, roll a portion of the mixture into a ball and form small patties (a little bigger than a squash ball, or larger if you like).
- Roll over beaten eggs/ Place fish cakes in a frying pan with oil over medium heat.
- Fry each potato fish cake for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined tray or plate