I love tarts and I want something chocolaty for Hari Raya. Browse through the net and I found this from Jamie Oliver cook book - Jamie Oliver Food Revolution. The tarts look so tempting. Since it gonna be my Hari Raya cookies the size of the cookies should be smaller, so I made a twist here, I convert it into a cookies version instead using the normal tartlet casing I used the Pineapple tarts cookie cutter...well not bad. Managed to get around 70 mini tarts and to my surprise the next day I woke up half of the cookies gone....ha...ha.... who's the culprit...who else the girls staying late for their exam and they whip up almost half....I have to make it again and this time around I have to wait 2 -3 days before Hari raya.
adapted from Jamie Oliver, Jamie’s Food Revolution)
CHOCOLATE TART COOKIES
- 250 g cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 large eggs, preferably free-range or organic, beaten
- 40 ml of milk
- 500 g all-purpose flour, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 100 g confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- cooking chocolate for the filling
- Cut your cold butter into small cubes, place in fridge to keep cold while you assemble the other ingredients.
- Crack your eggs into a bowl with half of the milk and beat together with a fork, refrigerate until ready to use (keep the other half of the milk refrigerated as well).
- Sift the flour, confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder and the salt in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add butter and lemon zest to flour mixture.
- Pulse until the flour mixture resembles a fine crumble.
- With processor running, drizzle in the egg mixture, dough should come together. (If dough is still crumbly add the reserved milk a little at a time.)
- Divide dough in half, wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Roll dough and use pineapple tart cookie cutter. Arrange on the baking sheet.
- Cut up you chocolate.
- Put the cream and sugar into a medium-sized saucepan and simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate and butter.
- Add a pinch of salt and stir slowly until the chocolate and butter have melted.
- Pour over the melted chocolate, into the pipping bag.
- Pipe the chocolate onto the tarts
- Cool and then refrigerate for 20 minutes before storing.
Menggunakan recipe Jamie Oliver dan membuat sedikit perubahan bersesuian dengan Hari Raya saya buat tart ini. Ini pertama kali saya buat chocolate tart. Tart ini sepatutnya lebih besar sedikit dan dimasukkan kacang hazel nut sebelum memasukkan chocolate tetapi saya tinggalkan ini. Saya menggunakan resipi pastry JO dan cairkan chocolate pipekan kedalam tart yang sudah masak. Ranggup dan sedap.
Next Cookie Post - Sweet Lovely Cookies