I got to run this fast...I have a few more pending recipes that I need to posted.... Theses Cream puffs happened when I have extra whipped cream and durian...so I made one batch of these. Simple Choux Pastry and easy to remember. Recipe adapted from :-http://rasamalaysia.com/cream-puffs/2/.
You can use the normal custard filling if you don't like durian.
1 stick butter (8 tablespoons or half cup)
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
- Put butter and and water into saucepan on low heat. Turn off the heat once butter has melted.
- Add in flour and salt. Stir quickly until a dough is formed and does not stick to the saucepan.
- Leave to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time using a electonic mixer (low speed) until mixture is stiff.
- Using an ice cream scoop or teaspoon, scoop the dough onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 Celcius for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 170 Celcius and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Leave the puffs to cool in the oven for another 20-30 minutes.
Kebetulan ada durian dan whipped cream lebih daripada buat crepes , tak tahu hendak buat apa saya buat krim puff ini...biasanya fillingnya custard..tapi yang ini saya campurkan whipped cream dan isi durian..sama macam inti crepes...Pada yang minat durian pasti suka..puff ini. Resipinya mudah..dan senang diingati.
Next Post - Blueberry Scones