Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

RASPBERRY SMOOTHIE

 I
I bought some fresh raspberry and thought my children will love it, but I was wrong, they don't and that left me with a problem to utilise the berries. The berries were quite sourish and all I can think of were tarts, smoothie and some decoration on cakes. I can said that these berries made a great smoothie. I blended with banana and orange juice and it was fantastic.
 INGREDIENTS
  • 1 banana (about 6 oz.), peeled and cut into chunks
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1/2 cup vanilla low-fat or nonfat yogurt
  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries

  • In a blender, whirl banana, orange juice, yogurt, and raspberries until smooth.
 VARIATIONS
  • Variations: Whirl together these delicious combinations, or mix and match to create your own favorites. 
  • Variation 1: 1 cup vanilla soy milk and 1 cup frozen raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries 
  • Varfiation 2: 1 cup orange juice, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1/3 cup chopped fresh Medjool dates, and 1 tablespoon honey 
  • Variation3: 1 cup chocolate soy milk, 1 banana, and 1 tablespoon peanut butter 
  • Variation 4: 1 cup mango or papaya chunks, 1 cup pineapple juice, and 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt Variation 5: 1/2 cup carrot juice, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 banana, and 1 tablespoon honey
 __________________________________________________________
Next Post - Strawberry Roll Cake
__________________________________________________________________





No comments:

You Might Also Like These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...