I bought the Matcha Green Tea Powder for my cheesecake and I've been enamored with Matcha Green Tea powder for a few years. I've used it in my Latte, it's awesome.I made this Matcha Green Tea for my daughter's friend birthday. I love the color. Matcha is premium green tea powder from Japan used for drinking as tea or as an ingredient in recipes. While other green teas are grown throughout the world, matcha is unique to Japan.
It is the heart of the Japanese way of tea and has been celebrated in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony for hundreds of years. Green Tea is not just tea made from brewing the leaves in water, but you are actually drinking the powdered tea leaves, so the benefits are multiplied. Matcha is full of antioxidants, nutrients, fiber and chlorophyll. It can be used as a tea, or as an ingredient for baking, sauces and other drinks.
Recipe: Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes
(makes about 48 mini-cupcakes)
For The Cupcakes
1/2 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 ounces Butter (soft or room temperature)
1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 Eggs + 1 Egg Yolks
2/3 cup Milk
2 Tablespoons Matcha Green Tea
1) In a bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder together. Hold.
2) In a cup, mix the milk and Matcha together. Hold.
3) In a Mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
4) Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
5) Add the flour mixture and the milk/tea mixture to the batter, alternating and beating well after each one.
6) Spoon out into cupcake papers placed in muffin baking tins, filling 3/4 full. Bake at 350F for about 20-25 minutes (a little less if making mini-cupcakes)
Recipe: Matcha Green Tea Butter Frosting
1 Cup Butter (2 sticks) soft
1/4 Cup Cream
4 Tablespoons Matcha Green Tea
4-5 Cups Powdered Sugar
1) Mix the Matcha with the Cream into a paste.
2) Beat the butter until light and smooth, then add the Matcha paste.
3) Sift the Powdered Sugar and beat into the butter mixture 1 cup at a time until it reaches the spreading consistency desired.
Cupcake ini saya gunakan serbuk matcha green tea, agak unique rasanya..begitu juga dengan frostingnya saya masukkan juga green tea ini. Saya memang suka rasa green tea ini dan selalunya saya buat minuman Latte. Satu bahan yang sihat yang mengandungi antioxidant. Cukup popular di jepun tetapi lebih kepada minuman. saya suka warnaya tenang dan salju mata memandang.
Next Post - Italian Macarons/Tiramisu Macarons