Sugar Cookies are a sweet and tender cookie with wonderfully crisp edges. They are an American favorite and although they were once made primarily during the Christmas season, they are now a year round favorite. They are delicious whether dressed simply with a sprinkling of colored sugar or frosted with royal icing. This time around instead or the normal frosting I used fondant instead...it's much..much simpler and not messy. I made this for my niece wedding. I used the sugar cookies to replace the normal eggs for " bunga telur".It's cute and presentable
Vanilla or Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Yield: Approximately two dozen
This recipe is a great blank canvas for whatever cookie art you're dreaming up. To make the chocolate version, omit the almond extract, replace 1 cup of flour with 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and blend it with the flour in step 3.
Vanilla Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter / 225 mentega
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar together until just incorporated. Do not over-mix at this stage, or the cookies may spread while baking.
- Add the egg and vanilla and almond extracts. Mix again on low speed, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl intermittently as needed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Add to the butter and egg mixture. Mix on low speed until a dough is formed and there are no longer any streaks of butter in the mixing bowl. The dough will often clump around the paddle attachment while being mixed. This is normal and a good sign that your dough is the right consistency. If your mixture does not come together and is crumbly, add ice cold water 1 tbsp. at a time until the dough clumps.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Turn the dough out onto a sheet of wax paper and top with a second sheet. Roll dough into an oblong disc between the paper with a rolling pin. Transfer dough - wax paper and all - to a large cookie sheet. Wrap the dough tightly onto the cookie sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove top sheet of wax paper and roll dough a little thinner. It should not be sticky. You may dust the surface lightly with flour if it is sticky, but not too much! You don’t want streaks of white flour baked onto your pretty sugar cookies.
- Roll dough to a ¼-inch to ½ -inch thickness.
- Cut out desired shapes from the dough and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Be careful not to stretch the cutout shapes or they will be distorted after baking.
- Refrigerate the cutouts for 30 minutes. This will help the cookies maintain a crisp shape during baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Decorate the cookies when completely cooled.
Jeweled Heart Sugar Cookies
Yield: About fifteen 4-inch cookies
I used a large 4 1/2-inch heart-shaped cutter to cut the smooth-edged heart-shaped cookies. A slightly smaller scalloped heart-shaped cutter was used to cut the fondant. If you don't have a smaller sized heart cookie cutter to cut the fondant, you can use the same one that you used to cut the cookie dough.
1 recipe Vanilla Sugar Cookies, baked into 4 1/2-inch heart shapes
1 recipe Chocolate Sugar Cookies, baked into 4 1/2-inch heart shapes
3/4 lb Satin Ice ready made fondant, white vanilla
Pink gel food coloring
2mm silver metallic dragees
4-inch scalloped heart-shaped cutter
Fondant quilting tool or toothpick
Inginkan satu kelainan cuba sugar cookies ni. Sugar cookies ini memang terkenal di America terutama semasa perayaan Christmas. Biasanya dihiaskan menggunakan royal icing tapi saya membuat kelainan dengan menggunakan fondant. Kebetulan fondant banyak selepas saya gunakkan untuk membuat kek perkhawinan anak saudara saya. Mudah dan menarik...saya pack cookies ni dalam plastic dan gantungkan bersama telur paha menjadikan "bunga telur. Satu cara jika anda malas untuk merebus telur.
Next Post - Wedding Cake -