Wedding, Christmas or Party is the time for bakers to shine. Fancy Cookies are beautiful enough to give as gifts.You can make it in many sizes, designs and decorated it with Royal Icing. It's fun doing it and even your little one will be happy to help you in the kitchen. Create a dazzling arrangement of your cookies to savor and share this holiday season.
Adapted from Nurainie Tan Cookies Class
Cut Out Sugar Cookies
250 g butter - I used buttercup
250 g caster sugar
500 g cake flour - I used Rose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine flour baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and then add vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture until well blended.
- Cover and keep in the frig for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out into shapes and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool.
500 g icing sugar Redman
3 tbsp meringue powder
6 tbsp water
Put everything together and beat at lower speed for about 5 minutes.