I have wanted to try this white loaf for quite sometimes but the thought it may not turn out as I want always push me off. Anyhow there's nothing wrong to try and there's nothing wrong if it didn't turn out the way we want since not all who tried new things work out perfectly. So I gave a BIG GO to try this white loaf. The recipe yield 2 loaf...texture is a bid dry and may be I should gave another try. I recipe that I adapted looked nice could be mine need further improvement. Like any other white loaf you can serve it with anything.
Homemade White Bread
1/2 cup 1% milk3 tablespoons sugar, divided2 teaspoon salt3 tablespoons unsalted butter1 1/2 cups warm water2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast6 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
Egg Wash1 egg1 teaspoon waterInstructions
- Heat milk in the microwave until hot, but not boiling. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the sugar, salt and butter. Set aside to allow butter to melt. Cool to lukewarm.
- Place warm water in your mixing bowl; sprinkle in yeast and remaining one tablespoon of sugar; stir until dissolved. Let sit for 5 minutes or so to allow yeast to proof.
- Add lukewarm milk mixture and 3 cups flour; beat on medium-low until smooth. Add enough additional flour to make a soft dough. Turn out onto lightly floured board. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 min.
- Form into smooth ball and place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover with a clean, soft towel; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
- Punch down dough and let rest 15 minutes.
- Divide dough in half and shape each half into a loaf. Place each loaf in a greased 9x5x3 bread pan. Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- Whisk together the egg and water to make an egg wash. Gently brush the egg wash onto the tops of both loaves right before placing in the oven.
- Bake at 400 degrees F, about 30 minutes, or until done.
Sudah lama berhajat hendak mencuba roti putih ini tetapi biasa lah selalu aje takut kalau tidak menjadi. Tapi sekali fikir pula kalau tidak mencuba macam mana hendak tahu jadi saya beranikan diri mencuba. Sebenar membuat roti sama aje membuat bun-bun yang lain..penting ialah ibu roti dan cara mengulinya. Tetapi kalau mempunyai bread machine tugas mengguli diserahkan kepada bread machine ajelah. Walau bagaimanapun roti saya ini nampak agak kering sedikit tetapi tidak mengapa saya perlu membuat cubaan seterusnya bagi menambahkan kualiti roti ini.
Next Post - Rich Chocolate Brownies